June 28, 2021 at 2:03 pm #760
Yes, WordPress core is safe when kept updated to the latest version.
Also, there are additional measures on your end to keep WordPress functioning at its safest.
- Protecting your login with strong passwords. Additional features like two-factor authentication and limit login attempts
- Enabling SSL so visitors can securely connect to your site.
- Hosting your website with a secure provider.
- Keep your own computer free from viruses.
- Use a TLS certificate (HTTPS) so all communication with your WordPress site (such as logging into your dashboard) is encrypted.
- Don’t use “admin” for your username.
- If you have a choice between FTP and SFTP, always use SFTP.
- Use strong passwords for WordPress, as well as your hosting and SFTP