August 6, 2021 at 9:30 am #1245Clay01Participant
Hello community members!!
Greetings of the day!
How to Migrate a WordPress Site to a New Domain and Hosting
Any suggestions are most welcome.August 9, 2021 at 9:53 am #1268JosephineParticipant
1.Backup Your website files : Initial step to migrate any website is to create a backup. You can do it easily with the help of plugins.
2. Export the WordPress Database : For exporting the database of the website you have to Login to the cPanel account of your web server and open the phpMyAdmin application. Select the database that contains your WordPress installation from the list on the left hand sidebar and once selected click on the Export tab on the navigation menu.
3.Create a new database in your new host : After you export your database, you need to create one in your new host. For this, simply login to your account in your new host.Then navigate to the section that handles the MySQL database related activities and create
A new database
A user that has all the permissions for that database
A strong password to that user
4. Find the config.php file: For adding the config file you have to follow these steps :Navigate to the folder where you saved your website files and locate the file named wp-config.php. Edit the file and change DB_NAME, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD, DB_HOST with the credentials you created .
After completing all these steps save the file.
5.upload file to the new Host : After completing the above steps, upload your downloaded files to the new server.
6.Import the database : When your website files are uploading, you can import the database on the new server. Login into the database management tool in the new server and click on Import.
7. Replace your old URL in the database : If you’re changing your domain along with your WordPress host firstly you need to replace all the links that are pointing to your old URL.Create a folder in website’s directory with any name and upload this script in it.
8.Configure and change your DNS server : Last step for migrating the site into new host is you need to change DNS (Domain Name Server ) server so that your domain points to your new WordPress hosting account. You need to switch name servers to do this.
To know more about this in depth, read this BLOG it will help you to understand everything about the WordPress Migration to the new host .September 4, 2021 at 8:40 am #1676Shane Watson07Participant
First of all, I want to tell you that there are two ways in which you can move your WordPress site to a new domain.
1. Using a plugin (Easy)
2. Manually (Hard)
If I tell you in very simple steps then it will be like-
* Create a Copy of WordPress File
* Export Your WordPress Database
* Upload Your WordPress Files To The New Domain
* Import Your WordPress Database
* Configure Your New Domain In Database
* Configure Your wp-config File
* Disconnect Your Old Domain
* Set Up Redirects On Your Old Site
* Fix Your New Domain URLs
* Test Your New Domain
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.